fastest Haskell PONG server in the world (http://www.happstack.com/)

root

The aim of this web server is to win the PONG benchmark at all costs.

The PONG benchmark is generally run as follows:

$ httperf --hog -v --server 127.0.0.1 --port 8000 --uri / --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20 --rate=1000

Here is a sample session:

httperf --verbose --hog --client=0/1 --server=127.0.0.1 --port=8000 --uri=/ --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
httperf: warning: open file limit > FD_SETSIZE; limiting max. # of open files to FD_SETSIZE
httperf: maximum number of open descriptors = 1024
Maximum connect burst length: 7

Total: connections 1000 requests 1000000 replies 1000000 test-duration 4.970 s

Connection rate: 201.2 conn/s (5.0 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 1902.6 avg 3975.9 max 4345.9 median 4029.5 stddev 274.3
Connection time [ms]: connect 1.3
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 201212.3 req/s (0.0 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 62.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 0.0 max 0.0 stddev 0.0 (0 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 57.1 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 38.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 42.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=1000000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 0.96 system 3.98 (user 19.3% system 80.1% total 99.4%)
Net I/O: 20435.6 KB/s (167.4*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0

When reading the results it is import to check the 'Errors' lines and 'Replay status' to ensure that things are working correctly. You should see 0 erros and '2xx=1000000'.